From Ústí nad Orlicí we leave towards the ČD railway station. In front of the bridge over Tichá Orlica, we turn onto the cycle route no. 4048
and continue along the river to Dolní Libchava. After the railway crossing, turn right and continue along the cycle route no. 4048
around the tourist camp in Cakli, where there is the possibility of refreshments, boat rental or an artificial climbing wall.
We continue through the valley of Tichá Orlice along a new asphalt cycle path to the settlement of Lanšperk. Here we have the opportunity to recharge our batteries at the ČD stop. Here we can turn right from the bike path uphill and after 2 km of ascent we will visit our 1st castle.
Originally the royal castle Lanšperk has long been one of the important castles in the Ústí nad Labem region. It will be deserted from the end of the 16th century and today it is already in the stage of advanced ruins. The torso of the mighty perimeter wall, which Lanšperk fits into a typical representative of the castle with a mantle wall, is still a significant decoration of the high slope above the Tichá Orlice valley. From the castle there is a beautiful view of the surrounding countryside.
We will return quickly to the valley and continue along a relaxed cycle path around the golf course in Hnátnice to Letohrad.
In Letohrad, the castle with the adjacent park, the Municipal Museum and the Museum of Crafts are worth a visit. From Letohrad we continue around
swimming pool on the asphalt cycle path no. 4074
above the village Lukavice to Žamberk. At the end of Lukavice, we turn off the bike path into the old chestnut alley, which will take us to the castle park with a slight climb. Here, by turning right, we will connect to our cycle route again, and after 1 km of descent through the park around the castle ponds, we will cross the road and continue past the winter stadium to the swimming pool. Here we have another option for refreshments.
From the swimming pool, we continue along the Divoká Orlice river along the yellow cycle route No. 4073
through the settlement of Polsko to the bridge in Helvíkovice. Here is another tourist attraction, namely the birth house of Prokop Diviš with his lightning rod. We continue along the cycle route through the village of Helvíkovice, then across the river uphill to the settlement of Popluží. We descend the hill and just behind the track, the bike path turns right onto a paved forest path.
A 4 km forest route awaits us with a slight descent to the village of Bohousová. Here, after the crossing, we turn left and follow the road after 3 km to Litice nad Orlicí. In the Inn under the castle we will gain lost strength and we can go to our 2nd castle.
Litice, a half-ruined castle of the Drslavice and Lords of Kunštát and Poděbrady on a high wooded hill surrounded by the Orlice River between Vamberk and Žamberk, is the only construction company of the "Hussite" King George of Poděbrady. This fact, together with the solid preservation of most of the main buildings and the location of the castle in a beautiful landscape, makes Litice a building worthy of tourist interest.
Our route continues along the red tourist sign and the cycle route no. 4072
through the picturesque Divoká Orlice valley. In some places it is necessary to lead a bike for a rocky surface, but this will completely compensate for the beauty of the surrounding nature.
After 5 km, the route will take us through the settlement of Brná to Potštejn. We descend around the chateau to the local famous confectionery, where we can recharge our batteries and prepare for a visit to the 3rd castle.
The dominant feature of Potštejn are the ruins of a massive castle, whose history begins at the end of the 13th century (1295). It was founded by the Drslavice family from western Bohemia. In the area of the castle is the chapel of St. Jan Nepomucký (1766), the last stop on the Stations of the Cross "God's Tomb" (1754) and a memorial plaque to Jirásek's "Treasure". In the fourth entrance gate there is an exhibition documenting the history of the castle.
From the confectionery we continue down the alley upstream to the Western Camp Vochtánka with a rich cultural program and other refreshments.
Following the green tourist sign, we will get back to road No. 1 and continue along it for about 6 km through Sopotnice to České Libchavy. Here we turn left at the church on the road towards Žamberk. After 700 m we turn right onto the local road to Žampach, along which cycle route No. 18 leads. The route ascends here again and after 5 km we are below our 4th castle.
Žampach Castle was built in the second half of the 13th century, in 1355 it was conquered by Charles IV. victory over the robber knight Jan of Smojno, called Pancíř. In the years 1367 - 1574 it belonged to the Žampachs of Potštejn, by which it was restored in 1469; in the years 1634 - 1648 it was looted and deserted several times.
In the former castle, in the former chateau, there is the Žampach Arboretum, which is part of the chateau parks. Castle parks with a total area of more than 4 ha are divided into upper and lower part (under the road) and a park in the inner castle grounds. A board information system is being implemented in the area and in the upper castle park, the aim of which is to provide basic information about the trees and shrubs represented in the park planting. The Žampach Arboretum is an integral part of the Home under the Žampach Castle.
Our route continues downhill along the cycle route no. 4053
to the village of Písečná, where in the Růženka pub we can replenish our forces before the next trip.
Right behind the pub, the cycle path leads to the right along the local road and through a beautiful valley around the pond in Šuška, it takes us to the Letohrad - Ústí nad Orlicí cycle route, , after which we return to Ústí nad Orlicí.